Re: Genres of audio games?

The "great" thing about audio games is that when people start complaining about a genre being oversaturated, you can still count all the titles in that genre with a single base 10 digit. Well, other than MUDs and interactive fiction, but I tend to think of those as Text Games rather than Audio Games. (Random side note: when I first started making games with text and sound but no graphics, I referred to them as TAGs, for text/audio games.)

(The great thing about text games is that they are not bound to any one sense. Deaf players can read with their eyes; blind players can read with their ears; deafblind players can read with an overpriced-hopefully-the-government-paid-for-it braille display. Someone needs to invent a scent-based writing system, while we're at it.)