Re: When is the last time anyone has read a braille book?

I have a multitrack mind, I'm never, or hardly ever on one thing at a time, I'm usually thinking about 3 or 4 things at once all the time unless I'm sleeping and even then, I feel like I've thought about stuff and came to a resolution in my sleep. Braille helps me to focus down, because with audio, I can't just sit there and do nothing, I'm always doing other things whether its playing a game like Swamp, or doing the dishes or walking around, I can't just listen to a book without doing anything else, its not tasking enough to stop me from thinking about other stuff. Braille does that for me. When I read braille, I'm taken up with the process of doing it and all of my concentration is on that. I feel like I take in more and retain more of what I'm reading if I read braille. I can't argue about the huge volumes of braille books, that's not the optimal solution. Braille displays, and multi-line braille display technology is where its at. And I really don't do well at editing with speech. Its like I'd have to go character by character to feel like I caught all of the stuff, and who wants to do that with a 10 page plus paper. And case is a thing, I have a bad tendency to not capitalize stuff that should be, and yeah, they'll go back in and autocorrect starting of sentences and stuff. Well, that's the stuff that don't get caught by spell checker, and the beep thing on NVDA only works if you're going word at a time, not in a say all.

That's why I like braille, and I do agree about it being necessary in elementary students. To the people who code with no punctuation level set, how the hell do you ensure you have matching braces or parentheses, damn, that to me is crazy.