Re: Monthly chat March 2016

@Tj, I'd agree on blindness issues like mobility or learning to do most things you might want to do, indeed trying stuff is always a good idea. I'm less sure though of the attitudes of others sinse far too often in my life I've been stopped from doing things not because I'm precluded biologically, but because the collective assumptions of society get in my way. For example, I'm a singer and stage performer but don't get to do either why? Because it's always up to a director to decide who does what and the majority of directors don't believe blind singers or actors are worth anything, irrispective of what work I put in myself.

This is why my motto is always love the individual, ie, the person, hate the collective ie, the unexamined sea of collective assumptions that make people ignore the weerd blind person, or believe all girls desire children, or that what film is prophetable is worth more than anything sensatively made, or that it&# 039;s quite okay to take all of another person's free time or energy or creativity so long as you give them enough money not to starve and to fulfill their end of the capitalist bargain by buying from the system.

As to personal attitude though I do agree, there's not much you can do realistically,so you might as well just live as an informed hedonist and try to do some good to someone around you and hang the collective in the process.

Well my dad is hopefully okay, though he's still on intensive care and we're awaiting results, though he's no longer on a respirator which is definitely progress after such a major heart opperation, and is likely why I'm not i na great humour tonight.