Re: Welcome to LuminariMUD. (Open for new players.)

@Cooltirk, agreed, I'm an exploring sort of person myself too and that's how I tended to play alter, but I did  find I got to a point where higher level areas were too tough, while lower ones I had played out, still I don't mind grinding if it can be a variable  enough experience and so long as you actually gain something  practical without having to go on for too long making no progress at all.

In fighting fantasy books the stats weren't too bad, sinse it wasn't hard to reroll a few times even on ffproject, and at least you'll finish the books within an hour or two (supposing you don't die horribly along the way), but it always irritated me in a mud or an online game where woopse, you discover after playing for 10 or 20 hours and getting to higher level that your starting stats weren't up to scratch, that's why i much prefer being able to progress over time, which again comes back to grinding sinse if I can see I&# 039;m getting somewhere and getting some practical good from my grinding it's less of a grind so to speak big_smile.

It's the occasions as I said where you have to kill 200 of the same monster to raise one level and then aren't really any the more effective afterwards and just have to kill 300 of some different monster, rather than actually getting more abilities or being able to explore more of the world.

Higherr xp costs for levelling which usually meant getting later levels took longer were also something that always confuses me, I never got why when at level 1 you had to kill proportionately fifty rats to reach level 2, why at level 20 you might have to kill 200 dragons to reach level 21.

Never mind that it might just take 50 xp to reach level 2 and one xp per rat, while it might take 200000 xp to reach level 21 with 1000 xp per dragon, practically s peaking this still says in terms of progress dragons are less valuable than rats for an average level player, which is sort of a bit nuts, sinse even though dragons are harder to kill than rats and take a more experienced adventurer, I always am a bit confused as to why a higher level adventurer would learn less from killing dragons than a lower level one would learn from killing rats.

In terms of games, this is always why I tend to prefer games where fighting monsters at your level means that proportionally you gain levels at roughly the same rate, rather than level gains slowing down sinse it can almost feel like a punishment at some points, especially when your stuck in the dragon's laire for far longer than you spent in the sewers (on alteraeon I actually missed the island of Kordon when I made it to arcase sinse progress was far varie more varied and quicker, though i think things have panned out a little on the game on that score now).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : superantoha via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : majno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mektastic via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ornir via Audiogames-reflector