Re: Welcome to LuminariMUD. (Open for new players.)

Hi everyone, and thank you so much for checking out our game!

I am Ornir, and I am the lead developer for Luminari.  I will try to address some of the questions raised in this thread, and you are all welcome to ask anything else you might be curious about and I will try to answer!
ry.Curre

With regards to grind - It is my opinion that there is FAR less grind on Luminari than on some other muds, especially at lower levels.  As you get higher levels you will of course need to grind out some experience but there are plenty of areas where you can play.

As far as areas go, we have provided each player with a teleporter object that lets them access many (but not all!) of the zones in the game.  In the game, please look at 'HELP TELEPORTER', 'HELP ZONES', 'HELP ZONES2' and 'HELP ZONES3'.  These help files provide the keywords that you use via the 'TELEPORT <ZONE>' command.  I wo n't reproduce them here because they are very long.

The campaign quest provides a fun way to follow a story arc in the game while gaining experience and gear.  Currently, the campaign quest will take you to about level 14, depending on your class and your skill.  We are developing further quests to extend this all the way to level 30.

With regard to stats - You gain boosts as you level up which allow you to increase an ability score (strength, dexterity, intelligence, etc) permanently.  Gear also provides bonuses to ability scores, although these bonuses will not open up new features that are restricted by your stats.

Luminari tries to be true to the Dungeons and Dragons / Pathfinder RPG games as much as it makes sense in the context of a MUD.  This means that the potential for character development is very large and you have many opportunities to increase your character's ability, power, skills, etc. throughout your time on Luminari.& nbsp;  Feats are the main way that this is accomplished and are the primary way to improve your character and make it unique.

Even if you are not sure how to build a character, we provide a RESPEC command that allows you to go back to level 1 as whatever class you choose, although you must meet the requirements, while retaining all of your XP.  That way you can simply gain, train and boost your way back up to your previous level and try a new class build as many times as you wish.  This may be more limited in the future but for now is completely open.  Do you want to make a Gnomish Berserker who focuses on two-handed weapons?  Go ahead!  Tomorrow you can respec and make that Wizard you were itching to try, without having to level up another character.

The only thing you can not change is a character's race.

Luminari also has the concept of Account EXP, which is granted when you gain large chunks of XP, from a boss mob for example.   Account EXP allows you to unlock new races and prestige classes that allow further customization of your character.  Throughout the lifetime of one level 30 character you should have enough Account EXP to unlock a prestige class without additional grinding.  Advanced and epic races, however, may require a bit of work on your part.  Account exp is tied to your account, not a single character.  Account exp is also used as a manual reward for events and excellent roleplay, if that is your thing.

We are working hard to improve accessibility of Luminari for the VI community, so please let me or another immortal know if you need any features that we currently lack.  Many of these features may exist, for example someone requested a way to check mobile health during combat without looking at the mobile.  For that there is the 'DIAGNOSE' command, but its use may not have been clear enough.

Thank you again for checking out our game an d I hope to see you online!

- Ornir Elunari

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : superantoha via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : majno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mektastic via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ornir via Audiogames-reflector