Re: Want your advice. Please help with keyboards and garage band

When you look at the prices for stand-alone workstations, they are much more expensive then a, for lack of better words, "regular digital keyboard" costs.  I personally have a Yamaha DGX505 which is only USB out, but that's okay.  You don't need midi unless as Nocturnus pointed out, you're controlling just midi.  I have a Sonar setup which works well with my Yamaha, and quite honestly I would recommend that for the prrice.  The Motif series gets to be a bit up there in price, but bare in mind they are meant to work as both a  DAW and an instrument, meaning it would eliminate the need for recording software.

Best Regards,

Luke