Re: Another screen reader flame war? Seriously?

@figment: I have to agree with everyone else here, this stuff is not disrespecting other members. It's more about the companies that create the tech and how some people think that they perhaps might need to rethink their strategies, perhaps, in people's opinions, these companies have fallen behind. Of course, people will poke some fun at them as a result. I'm a windows user and I still poke fun at, and sometimes even question, Microsoft. Now, if someone was personally going after you and getting annoyed at you for using Jaws, then we'd step in. But as it's more about the company itself, and actually not about you as a forum member, it becomes more of an opinion and not an outright attack. The opinion promotes discussion in the end.
Believe me when I say, I've been a part of the mainstream internet and if you think this stuff is bad, well, the rest of the net can be much worse at times. I agree that this forum is definitely one of the more friendl ier ones around. I've seen stuff on the mainstream net that makes my blood boil. I wouldn't consider this corner of the net to be part of that.