Re: Suggestions for going solo on Alteraeon

Bearing in mind that I haven't played AA since June 2015, I really enjoyed my NMCWTD combo. Druid being last was more a product of the class' release timing against my class structure, rather than intentional design, but that combo let me solo tons of tough mobs and areas that people didn't think could be done without a group.

Necro as your primary will give you tons of great minions, and mage secondary will give you enough blasting power to assist your minions, with just enough cleric abilities to tend to wounds.

I find that flesh beasts and bone guardians make just as good of tanks as the other tank minions which require 2 CP rather than 1. Applied with some forethought, they will resist things quite well, and are easily replaceable. Flesh beasts are great if you're going up against mobs primarily dealing blunt damage, while bone guardians are great against pierce (I think). My memory on their specifics is slightly vague, but it worked quite well for me -- I used to use bone guardians and flesh beasts in high level areas, resorting to woads and constructs only for particularly hard hitting mobs.

You'll find a lot of contradicting opinions on the matter, simply because there are several playstyles to choose from, and everyone is going to promote their personal preference. My own class order may not suit you, but it definitely did suit my very solo playstyle -- I rarely ever grouped in my entire AA lifetime, from tot 1 to tot 129.

Hope you find a combination which does fit your preference.

Kai

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BradS via Audiogames-reflector