Re: Goodbye Windows XP, i still get nistalgic over you.

It's still good for games, which is my only purpose for Windows these days. If only Microsoft would have stuck with that interface and simply enhanced it instead of creating more eye candy and lots of unnecessary crap. Who ever said Windows 7 is the new XP is correct. I don't know if I agree, since 7 just feels like a glorified Vista to me. Either way, Windows is in my past. If Microsoft doesn't care to provide an adequate screen reader and relies on third parties, I'm done. Everyone else has done the right thing. Narrator still has a ways to go. How about a talking installer anyone? Hint hint?

Still, XP is awesome! I don't care if it's no longer supported. THe fact is that it has revived an old Mac that Apple simply threw away back when Lion came out. I'm not going to use the OS as my daily driver, but for playing some games and running other offline programs, it works just fine. I'm honestly surprised Dropbox and Firefox still work. Why is it that applications still work on a 14 year old operating system, but don't work on Snow Leopard, which is just about as old as 7? Is it that Apple cranks out way too many versions? It's funnny like that.