New computer,what should I go for,mac,windows etc

Ahoy all
That's quite a lengthy subject, I know :d
I'm looking to replace the laptop I'm currently using(lenovo z500) with either another windows machine or a mac where I can run windows either via duel boot,or vmware or whatever it is that mac users use to have windows on their macs.
My budget is quite low,though I can extend it if a machine that's good and slightly above the price I'm willing to go at. About $800 or so,maybe 900, that's about 50k 55 60k INR

I'm looking for whatever lasts me the longest, doesn't behave as badly as this lenovo z500, allows me to brows and play games without freezing or programs crashing with not responding dialogues.
I5,or I7 processers would be nice although I guess only Asus I7 machines would meet my budget the ones with free doss on them,but if you can think of any,it'd be welcome just the same, 6 to 8 gb of ram,1tb hdd. is all I'm looking for. graphics card would be ni ce,but it don't matter either way.

If macs,which would in the end be the cheaper but yet provide me with enough horsepower to run windows alongside for when I need it,without lagging or issues.

I bought this Lenovo z500 about 2 years ago,and even though its a I5 M processer,6gb ram with 1tb hdd, it slows down a lot. Even with jaws, skype,Thecube and a few other applications running, it most often will show signs of strain,either by heating up or lagging slightly in places. Quite disappointing it not even lasting for 2 years considering the price I bought it for.
I've done a clean install that is completely formated it a few times,installed windows, even had a guy over to open it up and clean its inside bits,but it behaves the same.

So I'm just thinking of repairing its screen issue which is quite strange, I.E the screen displays just fine when windows booting,but as soon as the welcome screen shows up, the screen turns blank but I digress.
Where was I again? ahh yeah repair the screen issue and selling this off and buying a new laptop to take notes on, and brows and stuff like that,which works well.