Re: It's time for a small change on the audio games market

While I agree more sim games and types of games would be nice, I'd' disagree that there is a predominance of violence in accessible games, after all there are plenty of traditional card, board and puzzle games not to mention arcade games like blindfold barnyard that have nothing involved with violence, and several sports and sports management games.

The problem is more to do with sound and representation and the hole sterrio targeting thing as well as resources and development time and all the things we know well.

I'd also disagree thatgames with combat mechanics are "all the same"

Sinse even if games take the same theme, how that theme is handled can be entirely different. Compare for example swamp, audio defense zombie arena, epitaff mud, the browser game urban dead, and the choiceofgames title choice of zombies or zombi exodus.

All take the theme of a zombocalypse, but mechanically are extremely different. The more story base d games emphasize the human elements, indeed both of the choiceofgames titles involve a lot about relationships among survivers. Epitaff mud, while it has zombie fighting has a lot of building and interacting with other players too, and the zombies in audio defense are definitely comic zombies.

Yes, we need more complex and involved audiogames, but I'd disagree that the fact that games have combat mechanics is the reason for this.

Btw, you might also consider that some of the best sim games we have! seen, noteably castaways do involve some element of constructing protection, sinse colonizing a new land isn't an easy matter. Indeed if you haven't checked out castaways, lunimals, and castaways ii I'd strongly recommend it.

If your looking for games about owning a company, Aprone's Umart, the game kapi regnum  or the online mud federation 2 might be just the thing your wanting.

Speaking of muds I'd also recommend checking < a href="">This topic for some muds that focus on cooking, crafting and other none combat activities.