Re: Crazy Party: mini-games and card battle! (beta39)

Actually, I handled the turtle a little differently. I found the easiest way for me to do it was to tap the arrows, and just rely on a quick reaction time to catch the turns. Occasionally I'd have to step back to catch one, but in the later worlds you don't have nearly so many luxuries to make mistakes. Going more than 1 step off course in those worlds will send you into a death trap. Die once and you're not winning anything!
The intellectual world was well. interesting. Because of my mild autism I have a love/hate relationship with it. The math problems, while challenging, were fun. Someone needs to make a program like the old APH Math Flash but with gameplay like the math games in Crazy party!
When I was in Elementary school I could not for the life of me grasp how to do the maths the way they were trying to teach me. So, I came up with my own system, without consent, mind you, and started using it. Of course I had to show my work using their methods, bu t because I didn't understand their methods, I just faked my work and used my own methods to find answers. I wasn't always right, in fact if I had tried harder to do it their way I would likely be better at working stuff out, but oh well. The way I do maths now is almost the same as I did it 15 years ago in Elementary school. I can't really explain it, but I will try anyway. For addition, I imagine, funny enough, a braille number line with auto-advancing numbers, similar to an auto-advance function on a braille display. So, if the problem is 52 plus 73, I would first know that we would have a 3 digit answer, because the 5 would have to scroll past 9. Then I would imagine the 5 scrolling up 7 digits to 12, and the 2 scrolling up to 5. The scrolling happens very fast, say, 4 to 8 digits a second, and for sums I know well, I don't have to scroll, the image jumps at me and I can grab it. Where that imagery fails is when my intellectual mind forgets to tell my scrolli ng image ahead of time that I'll have to carry a digit. If that happens, the system binds up and I have to start over. I once had a favorable round in addition and scored 34 points! So yeah, addition is my favorite.
For subtraction I have two methods. I either try to scroll backwards, or I arrange the numbers from small to large and scroll my number line up from the small to the large, and on the way up, I can count the difference. For subtractions I don't know well, I use the second approach, it goes faster for me that way.
For multiplication, mostly I memorize tables, in third grade I think I had to memorize up to 12X12. If I need higher than that, I split the problem into chunks I know, so for something like 13X15, I know 13X10 is 130, and 13X5 is 65... well that one I don't know so I'd have to take 130/2 to figure that out... which I do know. If I need to figure out a times table I don't have memorized, I'll just start from a table I do kn ow, and do a quick series of addition or subtraction problems, and the occasional division to get there.
Division is harder for me, I don't yet have a reliable imagery system to work out large problems that I don't already know. The best I can do is try to take a bunch of small numbers and try to make them fit into a larger number. I'm good at large numbers by small numbers, because then the chunks are bigger and easier to sort for me. I've not seen squared and square roots yet in the intellectual world though.
Now, why I hate intellectual. General knowledge just about kills me, because over half of the questions are about things I do not even know a thing about. Part of it might be from my autism, but I suspect most of it is because I am just not a general knowledge person. I never was. When I watched game shows and trivia shows, I'd do it for the music. If I didn't like the music I didn't like the show. I didn't have, and still don 't have, an interest in trying to answer the questions! But back to Crazy party. I even tried slowing the game down with Cheat Engine in hopes of looking up the answers, but the game does not use timers as a time limit in that mini game. Instead it is using a play_wait function to wait for a short clip of music to finish playing, and not a timer. This will not slow down with a speedhack as sound playback itself is not directed by the program, but by Windows. In short you will have to play the game, get all the questions wrong a number of times, then copy the questions down and look them up later, and memorize answers, as you won't be able to slow the game down to retrieve them with a cheating program. I normally don't cheat on games, I find it unsatisfying and I believe it shows direct evidence of not wanting to put any effort into beating it, but this is general knowledge. There is no other strategy to pass the quiz except know the knowledge!
I hope to return to this game soon, I am currently on vacation and so won't be back for 2 days, and I don't have the game installed on my laptop.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kelwl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firence via Audiogames-reflector