Re: Crazy Party: mini-games and card battle! (beta39)

@Raygrote, I do something similar for multiplication and division, ie, I find something I know and work from that. The same process worked for squared numbers for me, actually I used to have the same issue with "show your working" since I'm just not a spacial logic person, for numbers I just play with the colours and synaesthesics and see what comes out (I can't explain it any better than that), but it does work, my reccord thus far is 38 points at square routes big_smile.

General knolidge is exactly what it says, however I do wish there was some way of having categories or at least knowing what category the questions are.I have not memorized the  atomic numbers of the entire periodic table, however looking up answers afterwards is imho not a bad thing, though I do wish the questions had a little context, eg, I know about the lucitania since it's a famous ship but the other ship sinkings mentioned there have no relation at all for me and not much interest either. The questions about Hitler were okay, but then again I know a little about the history of the shoa (holocaust), so others would have the same issue, since in itself knowing what year  hitler was born just isn't that interesting.

Then again, it's nice the game has! a general knolidge quiz component, so credit that it got added at all there.

With the turtle I  tried tapping the arrows, but maybe I didn't tap fast enough since that just lead to me losing, where as going back worked, even on the beach, and when I tried lava race in an online game (though I've not found the volcano world yet, I think I know how to unlock it though so no spoilers please).

However I have now found the most difficult game ever!
Beware! spoilers for the darkness ahead.

The Darkness was going okay, I had about 140 coins and was doing mostly well at the games (the corridor stopwatch gave me a little trouble jumping the fireballs but hay still passed). then! I hit the cursed field.

I did gather that your supposed to use footstep eccoes to get through, but yee gods, how those echoes work is beyond me. It seems that only when the sounds are far left or right do you actually get an indicator of an opening, and most of the time you don't even get that, heck you quite often can't tell when the shadow is in front of you or not.

having got to that section with 150 or so coins, I then played about 10 games and was down to 34 coins, with my best score being minus three (and that was mostly luck). I then said "Sod the echoes" and just did step counting with trial and error, eg, forward for 16, left for two, forward for 34, right for two forward for 10 etc. By fluke I then got six points and passed, and I am really! glad not to have to play that game again.
I am not sure if I m isunderstood what the sounds mean, if the sounds are tremendously imprecise (it seems very often I died even when I thought I had space in front of me or died if I went left or right even though I heard an echoe). I have certainly seen footstep echoes used in games before like shades of doom, but either way, that game was a nightmare!

I am not sure if it is me, or if the game needs a bit of sound editing, but either way yee gods I hate! that game.

Btw, also a miner bug report. The haunted cemetory game still has french text when standing on the tombs, I sort of gathered it said "get offof my grave you meddling kids" or something to that effect, but it'd be nice to have that translated please.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kelwl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector