Tintin or another client?

Hi all!
I'm not sure if this is where this should go as its related to gaming but also to computing.
I've been reading the forum for quite a while now as I happen to be Mrs. Nocturnus, as it were.
I am simply wondering if anyone has managed to make tintin work on the mac and installed the Alter Aeon or Miriani soundpacks?
If so do you have a set of instructions to follow?
I folloed the information linked to on Alters website which led to Stormdragons github pages but those directions are quite old and well they don't exactly work anymore.
I looked up mudder but can't find that either.
I'd like to migrate fully to my macbook air I got like 5 months ago now when Nocturnus got his mac mini.
I know I can run a vm, and I have VMware, but getting keys to pass through seems difficult, and if you accidentally command tab instead of option tab for alt tab it takes you out of the window which then makes a mess of it all!
I used to know how to make keyboard focus go completely into the VM when I had my macbook pro back in 2012, 2013 but I can't remember what I did to make that work.
Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated