Re: Monthly chat June 2016

Well today was fun.
Went for one of these american Gril,le and pool parties people in this part of the world are so fond of with some of my lady's sister's friends. I've not swum for years, and since in Britain outdoor pools are very much a luxury thing it was great as a novelty, they also did some amazing bbq briskit plus had my very favourite brand of rum, The Kracken!

A good time in general, albeit it left me a little shattered so I literally collapsed.

i did finish Jago and lightfoot, and am debating what to read next. Things did pick up once the master got involved, and once the sixth doctor turned up,but in general I was disappointed with this season, it just seemed not to have as much attention spent on it, indeed with the final episode being both jago and lightfoot running out of energy it felt almost a little too apt.
There was some setup for season 12 with Elly Higson's vampire thing coming back which sounds fun, though I actu ally hope they are working to a conclusion. There was some implications of this when Jago and Lightfoot ended up in the sixties, and it was said that their deaths weren't mentioned.
It's odd, much as I love some characters, I often feel I wish they'd have a final good end, either their deaths or just something that concludes things, rather than simply bimbling on until the quality drops and the writers run out of ideas.