Re: the road to rage question

Hi Gorthelon,

Thanks for the clarification.  I'll give this a go when I find that hidden admin password to the router.

Just to ensure I'm doing this properly, the TCP and UTP ports for the same port number need to be opened (forwarded)?  Is the number I choose arbitrary, or is there a method to determining what that might be?

I have little to no experience with networking, so my apologies for the seemingly basic questions.

Edit: I've forwarded the ports under my router.  I had two options:

Basic settings:

A dropdown where you could select a device that was connected to the router.  I selected my my laptop that I am using.  Then from the next dropdown menu, it wanted to know what application to forward, or click custom.  I clicked custom, selected both UTP and TCP.  Then I inputted 6789 for the port number.

I tried connecting to my server on RTR by clicking connect under the start section of the game.  It automatically did.

I'm trying now to determine how to identify the server address.

I hope I didn't need to mess with the destination ports, source ports, or forward to ports options under the advanced section.

Luke

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : katil2008 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : katil2008 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : leibylucwgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector