Re: Books by Stephen King

Try Strangers, by Koontz, if you've ever got the time.

Basic premise:
You're introduced to several different characters across various places, and each of them is having something unexplained and troubling happening, which is pulling their life apart. One is sleepwalking and keeps waking up terrified in his closet. One has basically a panic attack at a deli and has some sort of nervous breakdown. One formerly ruthless thief starts feeling compelled to give away his wealth. One ex-marine becomes utterly terrified of the dark.
And there's something which links them all together, something they all shared and that none of them can remember. Can they figure out what it is, and what to do about it, before it ruins their lives?

This book has some nicey-nice characters in it, for sure, and most of the characters aren't alone (there are people to help them), but I really did like the way the whole thing pulled together after awhile. It's not a brilliant book, but it's probably my favourite offering from him.

I've read The Passage and The Twelve, and liked them pretty well. Cronin gets a little sprawly in the second book, but he's got an interesting world going on. Scott Brick doesn't help though. He's a very competent narrator, but he just puts me to sleep. He can make even a fight scene sound like philosophy. Haha.