Theoretically speaking, I think a project like Braillemon would have more to worry about legally than something like this does. Braillemon is a rewrite of a copyrighted game which actually uses resources directly from said game. Manamon clearly takes it's inspiration from Pokémon and games of a similar nature while being careful to avoid using names and such which are actual trademarks. That said, I think there's almost 0 chance that a company such as Nintendo / Gamefreak or the like would find it prudent to go after an audiogame dev for their use of ideas. Even if they pursued it and won (which I'm sure they could do seeing as how copyright laws exist to serve big business) the few thousand bucks they'd be able to milk out of a student wouldn't be worth the reputation it'd cost them. Braillemon and Manamon aren't competing with Pokémon for sales seeing as they target a market which the videogame giants frankly don't give a damn about. That combined with the fact that topics about blind people in gaming seem to make news (hell, I was featured on CNN news for completing Ocarina of Time, not to mention all of the big names in gaming websites which picked up my story) there'd be a public outcry directed at them. It'd be seen as childish, malicious and doing evil just for the sake of it -- and rightfully so.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector