Re: Buying Eloquence

@grryfindor

Then let me put it to you this way, software piracy is stealing, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You will never convince me
otherwise.

@Exodus

If you are not going to contribute to the discussion intelligently, then just shut up and go away. If you had been following this thread, you would know that I am no fan of Nuance, so don't put words in my mouth, then kick me for your words.

My only experience with Code Factory's Eloquence is with the Eloquence for SAPI 5 for Windows version, which I have no problems with. I don't use my phone enough to want to change it's voice.

But I will agree with you that having to have a constant connection with the license server is over done. At most a periodic license check with flexibility for occasionally not being able to connect allowed for.

Are you sure you are targeting the right company? Do you have proof that Nuance dictated the form the DRM on Eloquence should take? You might be surprised to learn that Nuance may not have placed any DRM requirements on Eloquence, that might be all Code Factory's doing. So before you vilify Nuance for the DRM on Eloquence, make sure that you aren't placing blame where none is deserved.

Personally, if I had bought Eloquence for my phone and found it unusable because of the DRM, I'd contact Code Factory and demand the problem be fixed or my money returned. And if that doesn't get me anywhere, I'd go to my bank and fill out an affidavit declaring that Code Factory sold me an unusable product to get my money back. Then I'd look elsewhere for a new voice for my phone. I would definitely not steal from Nuance and use a cracked version! That accomplishes nothing except to add fule to the argument for DRM.