Re: Harry potter books memories from harry potter fans

I confess I really don't like reading seriously propper literature with a synth voice, so I'll probably wait until  there is some form of audio version of cursed child, which I suspect won't be too long.
With respect to big finish and doctor who cannon, actually one of the things I really like is that they manage to stay within the confines of what's known from the tv series extremely well much of the time, indeed they do a far better job of this than STeven Moffat.

I think it's the fact they have an over all producer and framework to work from, so there are things they just can't! do, indeed on the occasions they've gone a little too overblown, they tend to get a serious telling off from the fans, though like any long running series they have their less good moments.

My only main issue with Big finish is sometimes they do extremely stupid things to preserve continuity,  since there are only so many occasions that th e "And it's all a dream!" or the "Oh and we go back in time and reverse it so it never happened!" plot can actually work satisfactorally, and usually bf's better stuff is when they just focus on doing something new that is their own that doesn't step on the toes of the existing stuff too much, either trying to outdo it and be the worst! thing! ever! or trying to have an entire adventure happen during the time the doctor goes and puts on his coat big_smile.

Either way, I don't say there aren't any good fanfics or original novels based on long running series, I just tend to find that the awful to awesome ratio is weighted a bit far in one direction, so I tend to find my time better spent with original works.