Re: question about coffie

@Nibar, laughing at your mum is probably not a good idea. I've noticed in the states people often have some very strongly held beliefs, particularly rather conservative ones, indeed just yesterday when we were swimming with my wife's sister's eleven year old granddaughter, my wife's sister got distinctly uptight when I recommended the rather nice iced coffee icecream I'd had. Quite amusing given the fact that said girl rather likes coffee herself.

Simply explain rationally to your mother that you have researched the matter and are aware the article is not speaking the truth, and that you also understand coffee has the potential to be addictive and don't intend to drink to exess, ---- as epicurus said, everything in moderation.

@Hrvoje, that is exactly why I tend to have a few weeks off coffee occasionally. The first week is a bit irritating, but it's generally okay after that, once my body gets used to not having that in the morning .

I usually drink one cafeteir full, ie, about two cups in the morning. Sometimes I'll make a second cafeteir later in the day as well and thus drink about four cups. I have been drinking more coffee in the states, about three cups in the morning (albeit spread out over around three or four hours), but equally the filter machine used over here doesn't make it as strong as I tend to likee it.

I have got to the point in the past when I can drink coffee late at night and be fine, and I still do like a coffee (especially a coffee with rum or wisky or some other liquor), after a large meal, but I still prefer to leave off the coffee in the evening most of the time and switch to tea or coco before I go to bed.