Re: What is the best IOs file management software?

I've once worked around the 40 seconds ringtone limit, although I yet have to see if I'm gonna succeed another time.

1. Google a Windows app called Iringer and create your ringtone with it.

2. Choose where to save it. It will contain the entire song or audio file you used, but in the m4r format.

3. Allow Iringer to automatically open iTunes after this.

4. The ringtone should immediately be imported and you should even allow it to be synced to your iPhone. It will get truncated to fit the limit but this is an important step. If you tried the next step without the initial synchronization, it would most likely fail.

5. After this has been done, close iTunes, locate the directory where your iTunes library is stored, and here find the subfolder with ringtones. I can't remember its exact name off the top of my head but it should be obvious enough, I found it when I tried this, so what.

6. Now, replace the m4r file of your ringtone which is found here with the original, unabridged version created and saved by Iringer before the ringtone was imported to iTunes and synced to your iPhone.

7. On the next synchronization with your phone, the ringtone in its entire length should now get uploaded to the device. The point is that since iTunes has already imported, checked and synced the first, truncated version of the ringtone all right, it shouldn't check its length any more on any subsequent sync.

Hope this helps and actually works,
Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : deshibedeshi via Audiogames-reflector