Re: Another quentinC's gameroom unfair ban, this time its me again

Hi,

I usually don't post on topics like this, but I've had some thoughts. I know rules have been broken in this instance, but I've seen many other topics where someone was supposedly banned unfairly. It occurs to me that if the Playroom doesn't have some sort of audit/logging system, it really should.
IMO, a community such as the Playroom really needs to keep track of a number of every user's last events. Not game events, but just join/leave, messages to the tables or in private, etc.
The server could keep track of a normal user's last 100 events, and since moderators have a lot more power, it could keep track of their last 300 events. Of course, if people knew this was happening, they could try to get around it, but then at least the mods and admins would know that something suspicious was probably going on.
Also, make the moderators give a reason for every moderator type function, and log it in a log that is never cleared, so a malicious moderator can't try to spam it out of the log.
You could also make it possible to snoop a table's events without actually joining, or snoop someone's private communications, but again, make the moderator give a reason for their action, and log it in the administrative log.
Just my thoughts.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector