Re: BrogueSpeak, an accessible roguelike

mojsior wrote:

Is it any way to load a saved progress?

The save files are assigned letters a, b, c, d, e, f... and so on depending how many save files there are. So to load a saved game press o key then enter the letter assigned to a save file you want to load. But I have not yet made it to read these letters and names of save game files, so please be patient until I sort out more important things first.

In the meantime what you can do is to delete all the files with their name ending with .broguesave, so when you save the game there will be only one save game file and the letter assigned to it will be letter a.

mojsior wrote:

Also I dont understand why alot of liquits are unidentified.

That's a standard kind of mini-game in roguelike games. You identify potions by drinking them or by using identify scroll. Yes, there is always a risk if you drink unidentified potion that it might hurt you in some way, so there are certain strategies when and how to go about identifying potions by drinking. Don't be afraid to drink potions. They can make you hallucinate, or drop you down through the floor, and can even set you on fire, but that's ok, it's just a game!

mojsior wrote:

I have yet another question is it any way to escape from smelling gas.

Smelly gas doesn't hurt you, it's only dangerous if set on fire as then it will explode.

mojsior wrote:

after destroying this obiect I feel a gas, which drops my health

Ah, you are talking about bloat monster. When killed it releases acidic gas which eats your skin. Just move away from where you killed it and you should survive, but what you really want is to kill it from a distance by throwing darts at it. Or if you have a firebolt staff you can zap it with fire and then the fire will burn all the gas before it spreads around.

There is one more kind of bloat monster, called "pit bloat", which when killed makes a hole in the ground, and if you are nearby you fall down to the floor below, which sometimes can actually be useful in order to avoid more dangerous monsters.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mojsior via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector