Re: A new audio game from a new developer - Dark Passenger

Hello,

I can understand the confusion of not being able to find the tranquiliser, there is currently an audio cue for a computer humming which hints where the tranquiliser is, as stated by the guide; the tranquiliser is near the computer. I'll re-record that part and make it a bit clearer, espically since the guide states that the desk is to the user's right, which is not correct.

Yeah, I think a menu system may be useful and will be encoperated shortly. I originally envisioned not having a menu system as I felt it would ruin the purity of the game not having any visual elements. But in the end of the day, a menu is not always displayed on the user interface and is not part of gameplay either. I figured I'll instead bind typical menu items to hotkeys but that is a fallacy in itself because the user would need to actually tab out of the game to look at a README file to know those keys... So yeah, a menu is coming. Let me know what options you would like i n here and any help into how I can make this accessible for blind users would be great.

So far I'm thinking...

Escape button opens menu

Menu Items:

Restart from Last Checkpoint
Checkpoint selector, which activates after first completion of the game
New Game
Volume Controls
Exit Game

The game auto-saves at each checkpoint and auto-loads the most recent checkpoint each time it is re-opened so I don't think we need specific save and load mechanisms as checkpoints are very common.

Also, glad to see the Mac version is working! Thanks for testing it SLJ!

Thanks for the feedback!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : IdeaCabin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : IdeaCabin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : IdeaCabin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Nick via Audiogames-reflector