Re: The best video game soundtracks?

@assault_freak: I agree that wasn't the best way to speak my mind. What I meant is that the limits of the 8 bit systems made the videogame soundtracks have a very distinguishable sound, and that it's not the case anymore. Not that it is a bad thing, only now I often say myself that videogames are so realistic that you almost feel like watching an interactive movie, and I don't like that to much. But that's my own feeling and that's understandable if many people disagree. Plus there are many soundtracks I don't know or even didn't listened carefully enough so I can't really be right on that.
Anyway that's why I mostly play fighting games on this generation, probably because it's not a straight up adventure and that many of there soundtrack are stuck in my head.
@Ammericandad2005: To be honest, I don't know to much about all DOS games, but I'll go check the Cosmo Cosmic Adventure eventually, I guess you are right.
And yes, they are soundtrack which pretty much prove that what I say about japanese and occidental chiptune isn't totally true. Think Streets Of Rage for example.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector