Re: BK1 and BK2 plot

Nyan is a verbble tick, nya is the sound made by a cat. The way yamijin talks doesn't imply anything about him being a cat... just that he's a little, quirky, if you observe the way he speaks in general, not just with that trademark at the end of his sentences.
@Cae, the Ninja in the shop speaks in more archaic Japanese. A lot of his sentences end with gozaru, a very old way of saying "to be", equivalent to desu or da in colloquial Japanese. The grammar is also slightly different, but can't think of a way to explain it right now since it's early in the morning... and I've never studied it. I just understand it based on all the Jidaigekki I've watched and my love for Japanese history.