Re: OT: Labeling Millions of People

One of the things that may get a few mixed up when it comes to the voting process here in the USA is that fact that we are not exactly voting directly for the president. What we are doing instead is telling the state that we live in who to vote for. Each state have a set number of delegates of whom vote on the behalf of the inhabitants of the state that they represent. The number of delegates per state is set on the number of people that live in that state. The process over is per say, set up to have a clear winner. Even fewer realize what would happen if we get like three people with the same amount of votes in the end. What would happen in this case is that it would get thrown to the house of representatives. Not too sure what it is called over there in the UK. I do believe it might be the house of commons, or something like that. Trust me, that hasn’t really been seen for over an hundred years if my memory serves right. Anyway, the process is to make sure we have someone in office. Now, as for the things that both sides are saying, we should remember that neither can do what the congress and the courts do not allow them to do. That seems to be amusingly forgotten for some reason. Now for the education thing and or thing where you set through everyone’s one hour speech before voting, Sounds like an good idea at first, but is it worth going through the trouble of making that change to our voting process. A change like that, as far as I know, requires two thirds of the States in the USA to even bring it up and three fourths to make that change stick. Anyway, figure I will bring this up instead of stating who I am planning on voting for. In the end, I might be so fed up that I vote for myself. LOL.