Problems with MushZ

After several hours of working with it and troubleshooting, I am just . about . insane.
I had MushZ, and it worked fine using Windows 10 and Jaws 17.
But I got a message saying that there was a new version and I should update.
I couldn't find any update file in the folder, so I uninstalled MushZ, and reinstalled.
I got the newest version mushclient503.exe straight from the main Mushclient forum.
I installed it, and it wouldn't work.
I finally figured out that I needed to download Mushreader, so I did that, placed the files where they should be, and it worked . . partially.
I could at least connect to Alteraeon, but I had no sounds, and no music.
I look in the sounds folder, and it's empty.

So I uninstalled 503.exe, and went back to the last stable version I could find which was mushclient 4.94.exe.
I downloaded it, and no sounds in the folder.

Could anyone tell me:
1. Which version am I supposed to have, 4.94, or 5.03?
2. Should Mushreader be a separate download, or is it included with the program?
3. What am I doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated.