Re: Monthly chat October 2016

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy... Always nice. Dark, I'm horribly envious of all that food... I've wanted to actually cook something elaborate myself for a while now, but it's no fun at all without someone to cook with and for. As it is, I'm just kinda throwing myself at what few things I have to do, like school and... Well, school. My latest project has been fun at least... Been slowly learning a new harpsichord piece that's easily the hardest thing I've ever had to play... Fortunately I finished it a few days ago. Now I just have to smooth it out.

Also, as you all may have seen, I recently purchased a Zoom H4N Pro digital recorder. I was getting quite tired of dragging in my laptop and audio interface every time I wanted to record some music... Fortunately, this will no longer be the case. I'm immensely impressed with this lovely new toy so far, and am very much looking forward to testing it out in a musical application on Sunday. Meanwhile though, I have been making some recordings of background ambiances, so I figured I'd share one here. Highlights include a brief comparison of sound with vs. without a windscreen, lots of crickets, loud neighbors, and a spectacularly realistic pass-by of a train at the end. Enjoy!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/606 … biance.mp3

As far as books... It's mostly been Star Trek DS9 books for me. I'm faithfully following the relaunch of the series, which is quite intriguing so far... Well, with the exception of the current book I'm reading. It's really a shame how drab a series can be, just because the current writer isn't doing it justice. Hopefully things will improve once I move on past this book. I'm also rereading a few favorites. Currently it's 14, by Peter Clines, and after that I'll go through the Monster Hunter International series, or perhaps Ready Player One...