Re: A bug in IOS 10

Oh, I know hiding the SSID won't stop a determined hacker, I also know that to do the kind of hacking you are describing requires additional software, probably a WiFi packet sniffer or something similar. I'm just looking to stop the casual hacker.

I do use WPA2 and a strong, randomly generated pass phrase, made up of upper and lower case letters and numbers.

I don't use punctuation because some of them can cause problems, depending on the brand of router you are using. So instead of figuring out what works and what doesn't, I just don't use them.

I figure that with 62 characters to choose from for each position in the pass phrase, it's plenty strong enough. As proof, according to How Secure is my Password, my pass phrase would take about 38 billion years to find with a brute force attack. That's about three times longer than the universe is old! Plenty strong enough!