Re: facebook is now a public entedy?

Hmmm, Nocturnus, why do you think social media is coming to a close?
I do agree the hype and the shine is rubbing off, mostly I think because the cyber generation are growing up, however social media is unfortunately still being used semi legitimately by various people for reasonable or interesting things, hence what I said about twitter above and unfortunately there will always be idiots, going back through mailing list, forum and bbs trolls and drama magnates (all of which still exist). Even in pre internet days there were those idiots who posted chain letters or wrote to the agony columns of news papers. Ultimately, ever since homo sapiens has had the ability to speak, homo sapiens (or rather homo who doesn't sapiens half as much as they should do), has had the ability to spill out a lot of aural, written or other communicated bull bobo. Heck, I bet there were a couple of native americans a thousand years ago saying "hay look at that smoke sygnal, ---- oh Dam! b ig chief running mouth over there wants to tell everyone how big the buffalo he caught yesterday is! really! that guy doesn't half waste a lot of wood" big_smile.

Unfortunately, multiply the ability to communicate, and in particular the ability to communicate publically and you multiply the potential for the spreading of bovine waste byproducts, and as usual how much a medium appeals is how good the filters on said bovine waste product disipation are.

Believe it or not, I know people who do actually sane things with facebook, or at least use it as a way for say everyone doing one particular project or in a particular group or whatever to keep in touch, group chat  and get updates, though as I said the interface and presentation puts me off facebook rather since it seems the filters for said ungulant eflouvia don't seem quite as good on facebook as opposed to other communicative methods, and I don't know if that has improved since I last tried it a few years ago, ---- probably not from what I've gathered.

Still it probably is something I'll investigate later this year, albeit twitter is likely a higher priority as I said.