Re: Blackspace (3D HRTF First person shooter game)

Hi guys, just want to say that I appreciate all the feedback you've been giving me so far. Many of you have given entirely valid criticisms of some the game's content and mechanics, I will try to respond to all of your comments.

I agree that the turning mechanism could use a lot of work and this is one of the many things I intend to improve for the next release. I agree that the tts voice isn't so great and difficult to interpret at times. I am using MaryTTS for this, if anyone is aware of a better tts library that is compatible with Java please let me know, and I will check it out. Some of you have also suggested that the game should give you some kind of cue as to when you're on target to hit something, I think this is a good idea.

I think the most significant issue with the game at this point is that you can hear things through walls, and they aren't at all attenuated or muffled. This is something I would definitely like to improve on for t he first update.

What you guys need to understand is that this is an ongoing project. I never intended for this to be the final version of the game, there is still a lot of work I'd like to do on it. I would definitely describe the game as being in it's alpha state at the moment, perhaps I should have made this more clear.

I may be uploading the current source build of the game to github soon, if any of you are interested in checking that out.

Thanks guys! big_smile
Cheers

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mojsior via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lirin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CosmicNeanderthal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CosmicNeanderthal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : toto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector