Re: Windows 10, hopefully a decision I won't regret

Okay well this is a can of worms.
I will ask people to please not turn this topic into a "lets all bash people who don't use nvda" type of affair, since that's not what I wanted to ask here, I was interested in windows 10 itself and how it worked, not in the possible inequities of supernova
I will say supernova does! work with the mail ap, which is something I confirmed with dolphin, which is likely good enough for me given that outlook is a pain in the arse, likewise, one way to get around the sidebar downloads issue with ie 11 is simply to do "save  target"

One question I do have is about uac and program files, since yes, you do! need to edit program files occasionally, look at swamp key bindings.
I've personally never liked using "My documents" as a store for things that aren't documents, much less entire program files. In xp I created a specific install location for games etc called fun program file s on the C drive, the same way I created a music folder.
I could get used to using the program files folder directly, just as I could get used to using the music folder, similarly with music, but I would prefer to be able to have the option to go into program files and look at program folders once installed, eg, if I need to alter swamp config or backup packs for rythm rage, or install text games or the like.

As I said, I can probably get used to putting things in different places, but I would like the option to look at program files if I need to.
This also goes for actually accessing the favourites folder in internet explorer so I can make changes, backup my favourites etc.

As to it not being like xp, well that is inevitable, but it's a question of how much trouble it gives me doing the stuff I want to do and how much I'm locked into doing things in the way microsoft insists I do them. For example, I personally like to have things organized in lo ts of folders and sub folders and have information there to review rather than relying on "most recently used" or "most recommended" etc, and don't like having to sift through massive amounts of info on a ridiculously complex interface ala facebook or itunes, hence why i hate those bastard ribbons.

Similarly, I like to know where things are and where I put them. I'm hoping that I can crowbar something usable out of windows 10, hence the questions on folder locations, uac etc.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector