Re: Monthly chat January 2017

@Slender, as I've said before, it's not technology that worries me, it's how it is used, particularly with how much of the world now is owned by a very few coorporations and how people are so subscribed, Huxley hear we come.
Trump is actively scary and Mrs. Dark really dispares of the situation, even her dad who has apparently always voted Republican (I think more because it's the side he supports), is getting rather wary  about Trump.

I've already read some very hilarious trumpisms, which are now replacing bushisms.
My favourite was "I've never seen a thin person drinking diet coke", and "There is so much snow in New york, We need global warming!"

what is more scary are some of the things he's apparently saying to so many other countries these days, really quite bizarre stuff.

Wel as regards 2014, partly it was my thesis being rejected, (I've just resubmitted it), partly lots of other stuff that had been going on. Suffice it to say 16 was better, ---- oh and very jealous of that pool! I did lots of out door swimming in pensylvania over summer, and since we don't really have private pools as much in England (both because of lack of space and clemment weather), that was a good thing indeed!

@Slj, good luk with things, especially games and such. Next year is likely to be a fun one gaming wise for me too, especialy with the unexpected amazon ecco (I look orward to giving starlanes a try).

Lots of family stuff going on here of course, indeed it's the first time my wife and I and my brother and his partner (and not his legal partner), have been together, had a great time last night playing dominoes of all things.
Also, my review for doomsday book is now up, read it here, definitely one of the best books I've read for a considerable while, and especially recommended if you like the blackdeath, albeit it wasn't exactly heavy on action, more about the characters and their disasters.
I'll definitely check out more connie willis in the future, and I'm glad the site owner of fantasybookreview.co.uk got the thing posted for this month.