Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

The game does actually support NVDA. Hopefully support for other screen readers is in the future. The only text that can't be spoken by NVDA is text we want to play in 3D space, like the combat damage announcements. So I just used SAPI for the demo to make the experience more consistent - but personally I always use NVDA when I'm playing.

We chose to have the combat announcements play at the enemy's location because we found that having it play centered was a little more disorienting and could sometimes lead to confusion about what unit had been targeted. Having it play at the enemy's location helps to create the sense of immersion in the battle. I envision it being similar to how in some mainstream games, after you deliver an attack a number will appear over the target's head showing the amount of damage you've dealt - we're doing the same thing, just with audio.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector