Re: Introducing: Out of Sight Games

Back to the nav:

I looked at the recordings and if the game will have HRTF (and it will as far as I know!) it sounds much much better. Very often the FPS style in audio games is just bad presented (Swamp the best example) I'll try to compare this situation to the real life:

When I'm just walking around I haven't any problems finding places etc as naturally I can hear everything around. In the games like Swamp, Shades of doom and so on there's still stereo output what makes things more complicated. I can hear an object behind me? in the practice not really, it's in the center of the panorama and that's it, I haven't an audio information where it exactly is.

This is why in typical 2d games navigation works way better and ingames like Shadow line I can move around fast and without any problems. I can understand how Swamp works but I can't feel it. I'm moving around the 3d space but can't hear it's 3d. I hope A H ero's Call will solve this problem which most of games suffers a lot.