Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

I get what you guys are saying about FFVI. It sounds like it really had a serious impact on the direction of RPG games from then on - while I've never played it, those features are present in most modern-era RPG games that have influenced me as a developer.

Regarding why we used KS over other sites, it's a perfectly valid question. The truth is we looked a lot at the success rate of projects on the different platforms, and the types of projects that are successfully funded on the different platforms, and KS looked like the best fit. You may be right that it takes a higher cut - I can't recall for sure. But that comes at the trade-off of all-or-nothing funding. Obviously this wouldn't have been a problem for us, but not knowing that, we didn't want to put ourselves in a position of not raising enough to do what we promised, and then feeling an obligation to our donors that we couldn't meet. I think all-or-nothing also gives early donors a sense o f confidence as they donate because there's no risk of donating to an ultimately under-funded project.

Hanif: Currently there aren't any mini-games, per se. It's an idea we've toyed with on and off, but odds are we won't feature anything like that until our next game. With this being our first project, we've been focusing so much on getting the core gameplay working right that we haven't seen it being worth the time and effort to essentially program a whole new game (even if it's a smaller one) to include mini-games. It's definitely an idea I like though, and I think there's a good likelihood for that sort of gameplay in our next project.

bryanP: Thank you so much for your kind words about the soundtrack. At present, we're planning to release it on iTunes as well, so you'll be able to get it without buying the collector's edition if you choose. I can't make any promises though - I can just say we' re planning in that direction, currently.

Still so grateful to those of you who are continuing to back, and promote, and even increasing your current pledges. You're all awesome!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector