Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

Hey guys, thanks as always for the continued encouragement and support. Sorry if I miss some of the questions...

Dan_C: I'm not sure I know what you mean by multiple sets of endgame equipment. Could you clarify?

Phil: First off, thank you for what you're doing to promote the game. To your questions...
- It's not based on D&D in any specific way, short of the ways that D&D has had a pretty universal influence on all fantasy-themed gaming. But there isn't any specific D&D influence, and we're not using D&D mechanics or anything like that.
- Currency is simply gold - there didn't seem to be any reason to make things more complicated than a basic unit of currency;
- I like the thematic idea of having damage descriptions rather than specific announcements, but this really wouldn't work in practice as you'd need custom announcements for every possible type of enemy. What if you're fighting something without arms, for example? We do however report the state of an enemy's health in general terms (i.e. "Seriously injured", "Mortally wounded", etc.)
- Expanding the game through DLC is a possibility, in theory. The real question is whether we'll want to spend our time expanding this game, or focus on building the next game and getting it released as quickly as possible - either way, it's going to take a while, so we may want to focus all our attention there.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector