Re: I miss Hearthstone...any replacement?

@Caccio, actually we have several sports management games, though probably nothing as complex as what your used to.
If you go to www.whitestick.co.uk, you will find several accessible sports management browser games including the popular hattrick.

As to actual audiogames, most sport games we've had have been more a matter of playing than managing, though some combine both.
Still if you search by genre on the database you'll find several pages for sports games, though I admit I am no expert in this genre since sports isn't really my thing.

As to the games discussion, firstly what is this about a game being "dead?" If a game is out there, known about and people can play it, why is it considered "dead" if it's just a finished project?
I played a few rounds of jim kitchin's golf game the other day, to check my new computer  working and for a sense of the familiar. Those are games that certainly won't be getting any updates, but did it stop me enjoying the game?

Ditto with esp pinball classic.

As to the general discussion about"what people want" Really as someone who has been part of this community now for a worryingly long time, also I might say as someone who pretty much has had! to play nearly everything (to add it to the database), I find these  sorts of discussions rather amusing.
People are always saying "Oh if we had game x, but people aren't interested", and yet eventually game x, or at least something in the direction of game x comes straight along. Heck I remember the days when we were lucky if we saw one new release a month, and you probably could count the number of people  developing audiogames without taking off your socks.

I do agree with David about setup, however I don't think the answer is saying "Well  tough luck people you need to work harder!& quot; "accessibility" means as close to equalized effort in playing a game as a sighted person.

With advanced fallen worlds, if the game had been running longer, I'm fairly sure people would've requested fixes to make the browser navigation easier, heck I was slightly involved in that myself.

Look at king of dragon pass and the adventure to fate games as examples of highly complex titles where that process occurred, not to mention lots of browser games such as drakor, core exiles, sryth, kingdom of loathing blood wars and probably even more that I'm forgetting. Generally speaking if a game is somewhat accessible, eg, readable text, none readable graphics, and you can contact the actual developer who make the game (not just some publicity department who handle things for their corporate masters), you'd be surprised at what a little gentle back and fourth and a few polite requests can accomplish. I don't think this would be possible wit h hearthstone, since again getting to talk to the people who make the game would be too difficult, and also it's likely that the  framework of the game using canvasing or graphic text or something else that is death to screen readers so it couldn't be made accessible without a rewrite, but I'm fairly sure an indi developer with a ccg will turn up soon, and probably one with a more friendly interface, ---- and more friendly developers big_smile.

Same is likely true with the Japanese games, although the issue there is one of translation, not screen access,  the easier something is to run, the more people will try it.

As to muds, I do agree that there is  a split between those who always want sounds and music, and those who can cope with just text, however generally when people have grown up a bit, you find people appreciate the complexities of a g ame more than the bells and whistles. It's no different after all to the graphics hype of the sighted world. Heck, I can think of people on this forum who are now playing muds and if games and browser games, who wouldn't have even considered them a few years ago, simply because they've grown a little wiser and have a more educated pallet.

I think my attitude to where audiogames are going has rather changed simply due to being able to take the long view. there is no denying I have! seen major advances. No, we don't have audio skyrim yet, but hell, a few years ago we didn't have audio pokemon either.