Re: VIP Mud VS Mushclient

I personally like Vip simply because of a lot of handy built in features.
First  just to confirm that yes, vip version 2.0  does work with nvda, (I can actually confirm this having just this afternoon installed and played some muds with it and nvda).

What I like in Vip are several things. I agree with Drak about the interface, also I find several fucntions rather easier, like ctrl f to go back and review text or grap the odd word for the input window to type in commands, not to mention keeping characters for different muds. Also as Drack said, when I used MushZ for alteraeon I occasionally found I needed the  curser to check stuff, where in Vip I could get by just with sapi speaking the incoming text (or nvda as it is now), though in fairness to those who make the MushZ addon, I will say need to review text manually massively went down with the various history commands.

As to vip paid status, well to be honest you really don't get anything fo r paying for it at all, ust the removal of a nag screen and use of msp and the debug module.
The debug module I've never used, and the only games that natively use msp I've ever seen are Materiamagica and six dragons. Actually, due to an install mistake, I used the none paid version of Vipmud for quite some time when I originally got it, and I actually only bought it more to support gma games than because I really felt a pressing need for the features on offer.

I don't know about the scripting end of things, but I do know the packs I've used for Vip like cosmic rage or six dragons have worked well.

In the end I suppose it is a preference thing, which is fair enough, but certainly I've not been unhappy with vipmud myself, indeed it was vipmud that got me to play muds in the first place after no other seemed to support supernova or ms sapi output.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zub0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chojiro via Audiogames-reflector