Re: VIP Mud VS Mushclient

Hi

I actually tend to swap between the two, at least when there are soundpacks available. I primarily use Mush and always have since 2006. I've gotten used to switching to the separate output window, and I prefer it because it isn't as proprietary. Also, it's free, although I paid for VIPMud because I generally do like the program and use it when necessary.

I find it convenient to have the best of both worlds, and being able to switch between each client when I need to is nice, although I've never had a client complain as much as VIPMud does about permissions, or being unable to log to files in the past. That's probably been improved now.

Also, in my opinion, the VIPMud manual feels quite terrible in comparison to the documentation available for MUSHClient. I've not had so much luck finding what I wanted in the documentation, and the mailing lists just made me feel unwelcome when I asked a question about the proprietary scripting. To the contrary, the MUSHClient community has been fantastic, something which really matters to me as a user.

Still, I use both, but I don't feel like messing around a lot with VIPMud besides launching and making worlds, as opposed to MUSHCLient.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zub0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chojiro via Audiogames-reflector