Re: death match project alpha update public beta

Nobody knows what's gonna be in the update so just wait and see. I've a hunch that it's gonna be interesting though. No. I'm not involved in testing it (I wish), I did that on the old server and was on at stupid hours giving feedback and talking shit with you lot. That being said....if any of my suggestions I've ent in make the cut I will be impressed.

Though, guys. Hold off on the feature requests until the update is out, Danny's probably not wanting to get bogged down in omg I want this feature posts, or omg this update loooks so cool posts.

Let me clue you in on a secret of game development. A good developer does not show all their features right away. It's marketing.

Marketing? I hear you ask. There's no money involved.

True. But this is a different type of marketing. Danny is marketing the not in terms of money, but emotions, he's put a few features out there that got people to go ooooh and got them invested in the update, emotionally invested that is...and here's  awarning.

Don't, and people, if you only read one bit of the post, DO NOT hype the update to high heaven because you will inevitably be disappointed. You will expect things the update can't possibly do.

Why am I saying this? Ever heard of a little game called No Man's Sky? Oh it came out last year, space based game, you collect reosources, you fix your ship and go from planet to planet. Hm, sounds familiar, right? Sounds like an interesting game. Well...the issue was that the hype got out of control and the game launched with fans having sky high expectations. THe game, admittedly, launched in a poor state but even if it'd launched decently....it would never have lived up to expectations.

Point is, for this update.....don't ever go hyping anything up, be it games, books, TV, music and so forth Because you will inevitably be disappointed.

That being said, Danny, don&# 039;t rush the update. From my PoV being involved in game dev (and I know I've mentioned this to you before) I know how the cycle goes, and I also know not every single feature makes the final build. Just put in the stuff you want to put in that works, is fun, and stays true to what the update promises, and I for one will be a happy player.

Also, I will laugh if I run across a Gavin. You know what I mean there tongue (Seriously. Why doesn't he have his own planet yet? If you ever add him...he better live up to his reputation)

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sito via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : prajwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : prajwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Farhad Ali Bhatti via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector