Re: Mason Sets UltraPower Free!

As someone who worked with Ultrapower's code after it was leaked, I can only say this: if you want to make a game, I would make it from scratch and not rely o much on that source code. Here's why. First, its your own code. Nothing's better than looking at your own code, and understanding the entire thing. You worked on it, you made it, its just better. Second: The source code to that game can go so far, and the server is very, very, very, laggy! Sure, people can fix it, but that would take quite a bit of work and at that point, you're better off writing your own server. I mean, the way I would put it, go ahead, use some of that code, like the map system, for example. But hey, that's not my decision because whatever you chose to do with the code is your own choice. Mason, I would like to say thank you, for releasing that code to the public and allowing it to be used. At first I was a little bit mad because now that's all we're gonna say, is the fo rum getting spammed with Ultrapower topics. But hey, your game, your code. If anything you're doing me a favor, trying to stop these people from creating more clones. I have to say that takes a lot out of someone to just give that code out for people to use. While I have done some things in the past that are questionable regarding that subject, I am going to say sorry to whatever I've done concerning that. To be honest, if I didn't get so mad, we wouldn't have to go this far. The plan was to start a new game based on the source code for UP. But no, here I am use the source to log in to UP and eventually giving out the source code. But o well, I can't go back. If I would, I would have never done that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : vlad25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cocoa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dash via Audiogames-reflector