Re: Website owners: accessibility and management

i'm a web designer that works with html5, css and php for the most part, using _javascript_ when needed.
I like to write my code and everything related to it from the ground up.
i started a website in 2015 when i was still at the institute where i learned programming, and by working on it i improved  not only my skills, but the site in general as well.
from static pages in 2015, to a homepage moved and powered by php and mysql, i went a long way.
from my own experience, i'd say that, if you want to seriously learn your code, you need to work on it, on every little part of it.
with a cms your job is easier, but if you want to really learn, code it yourself.
i learned a lot more working on my website than i did reading programming tutorials and books.