Nvda and console windows

Hi.

This is mostly related to games but since it's primarily a nvda question I thought I would ask it here.

I tried playing warsim with nvda, and while it was fine at speaking incoming text, I couldn't find a way to review the text in the window.
I tried nvda b, nvda w nvda tab, and various muckings about with the numberpad, but could find no way of actually the text from the window itself, meaning that when say I changed anoption which dind't refresh the screen such as enabling ascii, I couldn't read the hole options list again.

I assume that there is a way to get nvda to read console windows, and I'd be interested to know what it is since I do enjoy text games generally, so any help much appreciated.