Re: Kodi V17.1 help

I've been dealing with this same issue for the past few days, and resolved it yesterday. You should check your Kodi log file, specifically the last line. On my system, it said something about a file called addons27.db. I deleted that file, restarted Kodi, and it worked. Note that this is with the screenreader addon set to NVDA. I've not tested it with SAPI, so don't know if SAPI still makes it crash.
HTH