Re: I feel like college is changing my friend

I went from page 1 of serious discussion to the last page and saw unicorns.

What did I miss? Apparently, a lot....

I don't have a problem with the idea of religion. I don't have an issue with the concept of religion....what I have problems with is how the idea is implemented.

Blind and unwavering faith. I have issues with it, simply because they refuse to consider anything out of their comfort zone because it isn't in their wheelhouse, so to speak.

Secondly, I have issues with the extreme viewpoints in the US. You're either/or, as Dark said on the first page. There is no middle ground. A Muslim is either a hard working citizen or a terrorist, a Christian is either a hardcore Bible thumper or a flake. A voter is either Republican or Democrat. There is zero middle ground in the US psyche. (Admittedly, I wound up with somebody who has Canuck ancestry. Explains a lot then....)

I have quite probably the biggest issue with having beliefs of whatever religion forced down my throat, regardless of what belief it is. Personally, if I wanted to have beliefs shoved down my throat I'd seek them out..

Oh and....the hyper senstivity of certain religious people, who freak out over real or imagined bashing of their religions.