Re: I feel like college is changing my friend

It should be known that just as it is not okay to generalize LGBT and other groups of people in terms of belief, outlook, attitude, and prospective, it cannot be said that all Christians believe that God is a wrathful condemner who believes that everyone is going to Hell who does not live a certain way.
Maybe Andie was unclear in his points, or maybe that's his belief, but here is what I was always taught as a Christian. (Note: this is not a preaching, this is not an implication, this is not any kind of dictum. It is simply an overview of what I was taught, in an attempt to clear things up)
I was taught that if you believe and accept Jesus Christ in your heart, knowing 100% that he is your savior and that he died for you and believing in it completely, you would be going to Heaven. This process is called getting saved.
People are getting it at least somewhat right according to what I've been taught - sin is everything that God does not approve of, but sin is not what sends you straight down to hell. "Oh, no, you thief! You just shoplifted? Well, now you'll burn in hell forever unless you get on your knees and admit for an hour to God how much of a filthy lowlife you are!"... no, that's not how it works. If you were saved, the process I described above, you'd still be going to Heaven even though you sinned.
God loves man, and recognizes that he will sin. That is the whole basis of what he died for, as it says in the Bible. It is not sin that will get you sent to Hell, but complete and total rejection of him.
That said, I did not provide that outline so we could spark up a debate about it, though I'm obviously not telling you not to. I provided that simply to prove the point that not all Christians are homophobic sin hating hypocrites who love a God who seems itchy on the trigger finger. Also, I know that no one implied this about all Christians, that is to say they did not use the word "al l" all the time, but they said "Christians". Not all of them put the word "some" before that.
As for me, I will continue to believe in that God and the procedures he set for me to go to Heaven. I will also continue to accept LGBT and Atheist groups as they are, and I will continue to be myself. Not because I think I'm better than anyone, not because I feel like I have all the answers, but because I'm not a "Christian" who believes in one way or the highway for us all, and expects everyone to follow suit with me. Does that make me bad? Does it make me not a proper Christian?
Only my death will tell, I guess.
smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : quanin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector