Re: I feel like college is changing my friend

Slender you're absolutely right, and I hope my post didn't come off as presumptuous or condemnatory. It's just I feel it's possible to be Christian as I am without looking for everything wrong with everyone and trying to play God - isn't Christianity supposed to bring you joy and happiness?
@Trajectory the thing is, according to what I've been taught, sin was created. Sin is how things were created. However, Jesus died for that sin, and now we don't have to worry about it. As for those questions, you know what, you're right. I can't tell you why God allowed the existence of sin, other than the fact that he wanted us all to have free will - do we choose him, or do we not? I am a Christian yes, but even I have questions like that. Why does God allow Satan to continue living, even now? Yes he will destroy him later, but why not now? Why not before? Why does God give us free will, but condemn us if we don't choose him, making it i mportant that we choose him if we wish not to burn in Hell? My theory on this would probably not be accepted by those who are not Christian, and that's fine; I wouldn't spite them or call them wrong. My theory is though that God created us so that he could have creatures to love and to be like him. He allows us to suffer so that we can gain enough faith and experience in him and his ways that when we go to Heaven, we will have a strong and unwavering bond with him that can withstand any and all tribulation, because we know he'll get us through it. Even still, there are aspects I don't have theories for, and the ones I do I'm sure could have holes poked in them by you or anyone else here on this forum, let alone the world. I'm not trying to be right though, I'm only trying to figure out answers to questions I have about my religion. smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector